Saturday, May 17, 2008

My First Jam!

Not the kind you spread on toast silly!

I heard the phone ring, but even though I didn't recognize the name Larry (I am new to this ohana after all!) - when I heard Makalani talking with him about an impromptu jam, I really got my hopes up. I'm usually a solo act with my ukulele, so the opportunity to introduce others to the sweet sound of Hawaii was thrilling. I knew that Kenui was already a big fan of my music as I spied the C&K discs and ukulele in the family room.



Carrie and Larry welcomed me into their warm, cozy home and said to me, "If you're a friend of Kenui & Makalani, then you're a friend of ours!" I settled in with a Corona Light (I am watching my waistline afterall!) and joined the guys. (Now, I must tell you that although I like everyone, I really like the guys!)



No comments: